Born in Sydney, Ashley Frost studied at the National Art School and has finished his PhD in Visual Arts at the University of Wollongong. Frost has had regular solo exhibitions in Australia and New York since 1991 and he has shown in numerous group exhibitions around Australia. In 2003 he won the Kings School Acquisitive Art Award as well as receiving an Australian Post-Graduate Award Scholarship.
In 2004 Frost received an artist-in-residence aboard the MV Orlova which sailed to Antarctica. He has also had a residency at Stone House Vineyard in Austin, Texas. Frost has also received numerous grants from the Ministry for the Arts and has worked on many community arts projects, including Warilla Federation Local History Public Art Project and Heritage Walk Shellharbour.
Recently, Ashley was a finalist for the NSW Parliament Plein Air Art Prize 2017, a finalist and Winner of the Viewer's Choice Award for the Mosman Art Prize 2017, and a finalist in the Archibald Prize in 2017 with a Portrait of Janet Dawson.
View Select Exhibitions
- Ashley Frost
- Summer 2019
- Ashley Frost Mosman - Through the Bush
- Ashley Frost Chasing the Light
- Rae Bolotin, Annabel Butler, Tanya Chaitow, Janet Dawson, Viola Dominello, Merran Esson, Rachel Fairfax, Ashley Frost, Rod Holdaway, Judy Holding, Di Holdsworth, Steve Lopes, Ian Marr, Denese Oates, Liz Shreeve & Trevor Weekes A Stella(r) Renaissance
- Ashley Frost I do talk to the clouds
- Betty Bray, Annabel Butler, Viola Dominello, Merran Esson, Rachel Fairfax & Ashley Frost Deck the Walls