In 2007 Ian Marr had a solo exhibition at Bathurst Regional Gallery, titled Beautiful Chaos. Having shown in over eighty-five group exhibitions and countless solo exhibitions Marr is extensively represented in public collections including the Bathurst Regional Art Gallery; Bourke Shire Council; Broken Hill City Art Gallery; Curfew Tower, Cushendall, Northern Island; Greater Shepparton City Council; Kedumba Collection, Wentworth Falls; Mildura Arts Centre; North Sydney Council; Orange Botanical Gardens Orange Regional Gallery; Sydney Conservatorium of Music & Wingecarribee Shire Council. Marr is also represented extensively in private collections in Australia and Ireland. An avid traveller, Ian Marr has completed eleven artist's residencies since 2003 across Australia, China, Finland and New Zealand. In 2009 he was the winner of the 20th Kedumba Drawing Award. Ian Marr is one of twelve artists included in a 2017 art expedition to the Western Front in Belgium and France, to explore the Australian history and memories of the Great War, now steeped into the soils of the landscape. This expedition has resulted in a touring group exhibition since 2018 called Salient: Contemporary Artists at the Western Front.
View Select Exhibitions
- Ian Marr In Flanders Fields: paintings on copper for the centenary of the Great War
- Deirdre Bean, Rod Holdaway, Steve Lopes & Ian Marr Europe is always a good idea
- Rae Bolotin, Annabel Butler, Tanya Chaitow, Janet Dawson, Viola Dominello, Merran Esson, Rachel Fairfax, Ashley Frost, Rod Holdaway, Judy Holding, Di Holdsworth, Steve Lopes, Ian Marr, Denese Oates, Liz Shreeve & Trevor Weekes A Stella(r) Renaissance
- Ian Marr Poet in the Landscape
- Ian Marr Painters' Places - Numinous Neighbours
- Gallery Artists (September)