Merran Esson has been at the forefront of Australian ceramics for many years. She has exhibited extensively in both solo and group exhibitions and had work in many touring regional exhibitions. In 2008 Esson won the the Poyntzpass Pioneers Award of Merit at the Shepparton Ceramic Award and in 2006 she was awarded a residency at The National Art School's Paris Studio, at the Cite Des Internationale. In 2005 she won the 24th Gold Coast International Ceramic Award, and in 2010 she was again selected a finalist. Since 2016, Esson has participated as a member of the International Academy of Ceramics in Swizerland. She has also been involved in Ceramics in Architecture and Public Space, attended the international Academy or Ceramics Congress in Barcelona, Spain, and included in as a delegate for the Collection: Argentina Ceramics Museum, Argentona, Spain.
Esson's work is represented in public and private collections, including the Art Gallery of South Australia, Museum for Kunsthhandwerk und Gewerbe, Hamburg, Institut fuer Kuenstlerische Keramik und Glas, Germany, Perc Tucker Museum, Gold Coast City Art Gallery, Manly Museum and Art Gallery, National Gallery of Australia, Western Australian Art Gallery, Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery, Bathurst Regional Art Gallery, Geelong Art Gallery, Queensland University of Technology, National Art School, College of Fine Art, UNSW, Australia Council, University of New South Wales, and Qantas.
Merran Esson has, until recently, been the Head of Ceramics at the National Art School for many years.
View Select Exhibitions
- Merran Esson & Steve Lopes Merran Esson & Steve Lopes
- Merran Esson, Judy Holding & Denese Oates Shades of Green and Blue
- Mike Barnard, Lada Dedić, Merran Esson, Ingrid, Gareth Jenkins, Marnie Ross, Ralph Stanton, Kai Wasikowski, & Yioryios Chaos or Control
- Rae Bolotin, Annabel Butler, Tanya Chaitow, Janet Dawson, Viola Dominello, Merran Esson, Rachel Fairfax, Ashley Frost, Rod Holdaway, Judy Holding, Di Holdsworth, Steve Lopes, Ian Marr, Denese Oates, Liz Shreeve & Trevor Weekes A Stella(r) Renaissance
- Gallery Artists Merran Esson, Janet Dawson, Ian Gentle, Rod Holdaway, Di Holdsworth & Mary MacQueen
- Betty Bray, Annabel Butler, Viola Dominello, Merran Esson, Rachel Fairfax & Ashley Frost Deck the Walls
- Merran Esson Catchment