Born in Bendigo in 1945, Judy Holding is a Melbourne based artist who has been practicing for over twenty-five years. She has held over thirty-five solo exhibitions & has participated in over a hundred group exhibitions since 1978. The recipient of many awards & commissions, in 2012 Holding received a commission from the Rural School of Health, Latrobe University. She was the winner of the Banyule City Council Works on Paper Award in 2009 & received the Mitchell Family Award as part of the Montalto Sculpture Award in 2007. Her work is represented in collections in Australia & the USA, including Artbank; Banyule City Council; Benalla Art Gallery; BHP Biliton; City of Port Phillip; Deakin University Art Collection; Dixon Advisory; Holding Redlich; La Trobe University; Legal Aid Commission, Darwin; Mildura Arts Centre; Museum & Art Gallery of the Northern Territory; National Gallery of Australia; Shepparton Art Museum; State Library of Victoria; The Productivity Commission; & Victoria University.
View Select Exhibitions
- Merran Esson, Judy Holding & Denese Oates Shades of Green and Blue
- Rae Bolotin, Annabel Butler, Tanya Chaitow, Janet Dawson, Viola Dominello, Merran Esson, Rachel Fairfax, Ashley Frost, Rod Holdaway, Judy Holding, Di Holdsworth, Steve Lopes, Ian Marr, Denese Oates, Liz Shreeve & Trevor Weekes A Stella(r) Renaissance
- Judy Holding & Denese Oates Sculpture 2015
- Judy Holding Bonded Worlds
- Gallery Artists (September)
- Gallery Artists