Rachel Fairfax is a figurative painter who also creates drawings and ceramic works. She completed her Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours) at the National Art School, Sydney where she is now a lecturer in painting and drawing. She received Reg Richardson Fellowships in both 2003 and 2004 and her work is regularly selected for national prizes. In 2012 she was selected in the Waverley Art Prize for the fifth time and received a Highly Commended award. In 2009 the Sydney Morning Herald named her one of Australia's 10 leading artists. Fairfax has participated in over sixty-five group exhibitions since 2000 and holds solo exhibitions regularly. Her work is held in numerous private and public collections including Artbank; Bathurst Regional Art Gallery; and St Vincents Hospital.
View Select Exhibitions
- Summer 2021 Yvonne Boag, Annabel Butler, Janet Dawson, Viola Dominello, Merran Esson, Rachel Fairfax, Ashley Frost & Steve Lopes
- Rae Bolotin, Annabel Butler, Tanya Chaitow, Janet Dawson, Viola Dominello, Merran Esson, Rachel Fairfax, Ashley Frost, Rod Holdaway, Judy Holding, Di Holdsworth, Steve Lopes, Ian Marr, Denese Oates, Liz Shreeve & Trevor Weekes A Stella(r) Renaissance
- Betty Bray, Annabel Butler, Viola Dominello, Merran Esson, Rachel Fairfax & Ashley Frost Deck the Walls
- Rachel Fairfax 100 Years Ago: Devotion
- Rachel Fairfax Gallipoli and Beyond
- Gallery Artists